Home Care Packages Melbourne
Home Care Packages are Australian government-funded programs providing long-term support for Australians above 65 years who want to continue living at home, or younger people with care needs not met through other specialist services (or beyond the support the Commonwealth Home Support Programme can offer).
- Low 23% fee
- A Dedicated Care Manager
- $0 Hidden Fees
- No Daily Charge & Exit Fees
- Skilled and experienced carers who treat you as an individual
- A truly personalised Home Care Service
- Flexibility that keeps YOU stay in control of your Home Care Package funds
Have a look at our Pricing page to see how our fees help you stretch your package funds further…
Who is eligible?
Eligibility is determined by your care needs. You must be:
- An older person who needs coordinated services to help them stay at home, or
- A younger person with a disability, dementia or other care needs not met through other specialist services.
If you meet these criteria, the level of your needs will be assessed by Aged Care.
To apply for an assessment, use this online link to the Aged Care website or call 1800 200 422.
(Your financial situation won’t affect your eligibility, but a financial assessment will be carried out to establish if you need to contribute an income-tested care fee).
After you have chosen your Home Care Package provider, the government pays your subsidy to them to manage on your behalf (unless you choose a self-managed package).
Of course, everyone’s care needs are different, and Aged Care has four different levels of Home Care Packages to cover these needs. These levels range from basic support needs, to more significant levels of assistance.
Together with your chosen care provider, you:
- work to identify your needs and goals
- agree on the best way to use your package funding to meet them, then
- your Home Care Package Providers are responsible for coordinating and managing these services on your behalf.
What they include:
Home Care Packages are designed to fund services that:
- Are directly linked to your identified care needs and goals
- Will improve your health and wellbeing
- Are necessary to allow you to remain living safely and independently in your own home
- Can be delivered within your Home Care Package budget
- Are considered acceptable use of government funds
The Packages do not replace any other existing health programs on your Medicare Benefits Schedule. You should continue to use these through your physician and hospitals as and when you need them.
What Home Care Packages DO include:
- Personal care
If your motor skills or strength have deteriorated, you can get help with your personal care and hygiene, including bathing and personal grooming.
You can get help managing and monitoring any conditions you have, such as diabetes.
- Allied health support
including podiatry and physiotherapy.
- Meals and food preparation
If your restrictions have impacted your ability to feed yourself regularly and properly, the package helps out here.
- Help with impairment
Whether it's an impairment (like eyesight issues) or conditions (like incontinence), the packages proved support here if needed.
- Cleaning, laundry and household tasks
- Home and garden maintenance
From keeping appointments to ensuring that your mobility issues don't affect your ability to enjoy life's more social pleasures, the package can help you here.
Home Care Packages ARE flexible; there may be other care and services not listed above that you may need and benefit from. Together with your provider, you will establish whether they are necessary and whether they can be delivered within your Home Care Package budget.
What Home Care Packages DON’T include:
A good rule of thumb is anything you would typically pay from your income yourself won't be included in the package's funding.
We'll make sure there is always someone ready to assist with everyday details and friendly conversation
Personal Care Services (PCS) is a Medicaid benefit that helps clients with everyday tasks.
We'll keep your home and clothes clean.
Heat and eat gourmet meals delivered to your door. We'll organise healthy, chef-prepared meals.
Simple reminders to assure your loved one is taking their medications on time.
We provide specialised, tailored nursing services.
Including transport to and from social events or appointments
We're there as respite if your carers have personal emergencies or obligations
We'll keep your clothes nice and clean
We'll help with mowing, weeding and other minor garden maintenance
Our helping hands help keep you mobile
You have our support day and night
We'll modify your home to suit your needs
Participate in activities you find meaningful
We'll get you to places you need to go.
i.e Podiatrists, dietitians
Ask us what services we provide, or let us know what you're looking for and we'll see what we can do to help
Samira & Sami